Educational Forum on Immigration Reform:
Constitutional Rights and the Financial Impact of Immigrant Entrepreneurs and Consumers
Hosted by the South Shore Democratic Caucus
Saturday March 2, 2013
12 to 2
Paul Pratt Library
35 Ripley Road
The public is invited to attend this forum and learn more about current and critical issues related to Immigration Reform. The panel includes:
· Key Note Speaker , Marisa DeFranco, Immigration Attorney and former candidate for U.S. Senate
· Steve Grossman, Massachusetts State Treasurer
· Tackey Chan, Massachusetts State Representative from Quincy
· Carlos DaSilva, Brazilian immigrant and civic leader
· Natalicia Tracy, Executive Director, Brazilian Immigrant Center
· Suzanne Curry, Health Reform Policy Coordinator from Health Care for All
Each panel member will speak and then the audience will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Genevieve Davis, Chief Financial Officer at the New England Board of Higher Education and former candidate for the Massachusetts State Senate, will wrap up the forum and lead a discussion of next steps.
The South Shore Democratic Caucus consists of the town Democratic Committees representing Weymouth, Hingham, Hull, Cohasset, Scituate, Norwell, Marshfield and Duxbury.