Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mike Lake for Lt. Governor



I want you to be among the first to know that I am running for Lieutenant Governor. I am reaching out to humbly ask for your support.

Join me and together we can make a difference.

I am running so our families, our friends and our neighbors will have access to the Massachusetts Promise, which my family was built upon.

Education and Entrepreneurship are the keys to unlock every person’s potential to realize a better life for themselves and future generations. After graduating high school, my father had the skills he needed to start his own successful air conditioning business. When Dad suddenly passed away at the age of 36, my mother became a single mom raising her five year old son and three year old daughter. She too became an entrepreneur and began cleaning homes to provide for our family.

Because of the investment our government made in me through public education and the struggles and sacrifices my parents endured, I was the first in my family to go to college. My appreciation for these opportunities has driven me to give back to our community through a career in public service. My family has come to embody the spirit of the Massachusetts Promise--a promise of equal access to the opportunities we need: 


Access to a job. 

Access to practical, high quality education. 
Access to safe and affordable housing. 
Access to the financial capital that businesses need to start and grow.

Our future is now. Our promise is a better tomorrow. A new generation of leadership is here--together we will make the Massachusetts Promise a reality.


With gratitude,

Mike Lake
Candidate for Lt. Governor

No comments: